How can we improve Furkot?

Time Zone overlay

A Time Zone overlay is a must for long distance travelers. Add it to Map Views -> "Map Overlays"

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ElvisElvis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ElvisElvis commented  · 

re: "Furkot accounts for timezone changes when calculating times."
        ...but only after a waypoint has been added in the new time zone. That's a problem (as mentioned in my other more detailed comment on this topic). Here's why:

I just tested Furkot by planning a couple of long trips, and in both cases I had to find a time zone map online, then try to visually compare those boundaries to the map in Furkot, just so I could put a waypoint inside the new timezone, so that the time would be correct for subsequent travel, and not just subsequent stops, either.

Aside from arriving a certain places at certain times, the other important use is to avoid rush hour traffic in major cities, which is accomplished by adjusting the start time and food/fuel stops.

As it is now, Furkot is not too bad... it just requires dropping a waypoint on the approaches to major cities, in order to see what the correct inbound time is. So, Furkot is WAAAAAY better than ANY of the other alternatives I've tested (which is just about everything else) and you deserve a lot of credit for getting it this good.

issues and ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base